Do you have experience as an HCA in the community or in primary care? Are you looking to join a growing social enterprise with great benefits including an NHS pension and NHS car fleet scheme? Primary Care 24 (PC24) are excited to share the position of Health Care Assistant on a permanent basis.
- Measurement of blood pressure, temperature
- Measurement of pulse, height, and weight
- Peak flow measurements-following additional training
- Collection of specimens as directed
- Application of non-adherent dressings (as directed by the practice nurse)
- Extended new patient registrations checks
- Recognise changes in the patient’s observations which must be reported and acted on
- Assist clinicians in emergency management of patients
- Act as an advocate for the patient and communicate effectively with a wide range of Health Care Professionals on their behalf
- Apply the principles of consent to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment
- Qualified to NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- NHS Care Certificate is desirable but not essential
- Be patient focused and act professional at all times
- Experience of working in a healthcare environment
- Experience in clinical audit (QOF)
- Experience of using EMIS is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working to policies and procedures
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- £21,313 to £23,856 per annum, DOE
- Located across our practices
- NHS pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave
- NHS car fleet scheme
- Casual dress working environment
- Ride to work scheme
Primary Care 24 (PC24) is a not-for-profit social enterprise established in 1990, delivering NHS contracts exclusively.
The majority of or surplus is reinvested in patients and staff. We believe that primary healthcare should be accessible for everyone and are committed to delivering the best quality care we can, challenging social exclusion and working locally, where and when we can, to support our communities. We combine the best of the NHS with social enterprise innovation, developing solutions for NHS primary care and caring for our clinicians so that they can, in turn, care for our patients.
Hours are 37.5 hours per week, working 8am to 4pm.
Closing date: 25th February 2024
This vacancy may close before the closing date if the recruiting manager deems sufficient applications have been received. Therefore, it is advised to complete your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment